PHOTO: JUNE 10, Legislators and Local Dignitaries to Be Welcomed at Opening Ceremony of 46th Annual BIG GREEK FESTIVAL
Friday, 4:45 p.m. Opening Ceremony
RANDOLPH, N.J./EWORLDWIRE/May 31, 2016 ---
Dignitaries and honorable guests already confirmed to be in attendance at the opening of the 46th Annual BIG GREEK FESTIVAL include:
- Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen
- Assemblyman Anthony Bucco Jr.
- Morris County Freeholder Director Kathryn DeFillippo
- Morris County Freeholder Douglas Cabana
- Township of Randolph Mayor Roman B. Hirniak
- Randolph Councilwoman Joanne Veech
- Roxbury Councilman Dan Kline
- Roxbury Councilman Richard Zoschak
WHAT: BIG GREEK FESTIVAL OPENING CEREMONY
WHEN: Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:45 p.m.
WHERE: St. Andrew Greek Orthodox Church, 1447 Sussex Turnpike, Randolph, NJ 07869
Posters and free admission coupons have been distributed in Warren, Sussex, Morris, Hunterdon and Somerset counties for redistribution directly to:
- Mayors and their staff
- Colleges and university student life offices including County College of Morris, Centenary College, Drew University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, St. Elizabeth's College, Sussex County College, Warren County College, Raritan County College
- Businesses, sponsors and partners
Among the many attractions of BIG GREEK FESTIVAL are hot off the grills traditional dishes served both indoors and at the outdoor Taverna Grill & Bar - a contemporary take on a traditional Greek grill and bar.
This year's menu at the Taverna introduces a Greek hamburger, seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper, and topped with feta cheese. As an alternate, an American cheeseburger with yellow American cheese will be available.
Expanding dessert offerings, as a new offering, visitors can sample Greek yogurt topped with honey and walnuts.
A new favorite in more recent years is an adult drink, exclusively available at BIG GREEK FESTIVAL, the “BLUE GREEK,” an Ouzo shot with a tropical sweet fruit flavor which sports a bright blue color.
Added to this year's schedule are outside presentations of Greek youth dancing in the Taverna.
Billboards showcasing BIG GREEK FESTIVAL are present throughout northern New Jersey.
Pre-opening begins with Friday lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with options to eat in or purchase take out selections.
Menus, a schedule of activities, directions and other details are available at BigGreekFestival.com.
MEDIA NOTE: Gov. Chris Christie has been invited and confirmation is pending.
MEDIA: High resolution photos and video of previous festivals are available at http://www.biggreekfestival.com and by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE NEWSROOM: http://www.eworldwire.com/newsroom/309526
NEWSROOM RSS FEED: http://newsroom.eworldwire.com/xml/newsrooms/309526.xml
St. Andrew Greek Orthodox Church
Randolph, NJ 07869